Frigidaire (makers of the Affinity® front loader) is on a mission help families to get the laundry done, so that they can get out and do more of the things they love!
I'd like to share a few tips from Frigidaire by Tara Aronson to help you get your clothes cleaner:
- Read - Read fabric care labels before you wash. Your clothes will last longer if you know how to treat them.
- Pretreat - Before washing stained garments, pretreat or prewash the spot using the Affinity’s Rinse & Spin cycle. If at first you don’t succeed, wash, wash again.
- Check the Wet - Check wet garments for remaining stains, and re-treat as needed before drying. Heat will set stains.
- Full loads save time (and energy) - Dry only full loads. Tumbling a handful of garments prolongs the drying time by reducing the tumbling.
Tips for removing the five most common stains by Tara Aronson:
- Crayon - Scrape off as much of the colorful surface as possible using a plastic picnic knife. Apply laundry detergent directly on the stained area. Gently rub the detergent into the fabric then let sit several minutes. Launder using the hottest water the fabric can handle - or the Sanitize setting of your Frigidaire Affinity washer. Dry as usual.
- Iced coffee - Sponge the stained area with cold water. Apply a pretreater to the blight. Wash as usual and air dry.
- Grass - Prewash the garment in warm water in your washing machine –the Rinse & Spin cycle on your Affinity washer – and a laundry detergent containing enzymes. Launder as usual (normal setting) with detergent and chlorine bleach if safe for the fabric. If the garment’s care label instructions advise against it, use oxygen (color safe) bleach instead. Dry as usual.
- Juice - Soak for a minute or so in cold water. Remove excess water, and then apply a pretreater directly on the stained area. Wash with detergent as usual. Air dry. Do not place in the dryer until the blight is completely gone – otherwise the stain is likely to set.
- Chocolate (or chocolate ice cream) - Prewash the garment in warm water with a laundry detergent that contains enzymes using the Affinity’s Rinse & spin setting. Launder as usual, using the washing machine’s Normal setting. Dry as usual.
Head over to the Frigidaire Facebook page to share your Adventures in Clean and Frigidaire will donate $1 to Save the Children. All you have to do is upload a photo and the app will turn your pic into your very own Movie Poster! Plus you'll be entered for a chance to win a new Frigidaire Affinity® washer and dryer featuring Ready Steam™.
This post is part of the Frigidaire promotion through the One2One Network. Stain fighting tips provided by Frigidaire from Tara Aronson. I will be eligible for a drawing; however, all views expressed are the opinion of Just Say I Told You So.