Life is busier than it used to be. Our days are jam packed with to-do's, and our nights are rushed as we prepare for the to-do's of tomorrow. With all the "doing" it's easy to forget about important daily tasks like taking your medication.
We now live in the age of technology. Forgot to take your meds? There's an app for that!
Janssen Health has created the Care4Today Mobile Health Messenger, which is a secure two-way messaging system that works with almost any cellular phone. If you don't want to download the app, you can also sign up on the website and have text alerts delivered to your phone instead. Either way, it's free!
Care4Today's Mobile Health Manager is easy to use:
- Download the app or visit the website.
- Click the "add medication"icon. Type the first few letters of the medication, a list of potential matches will appear.
- Select your medication. If it doesn't appear you can add an image.
- Customize your reminder message. Ex: Time to take your Motrin.
- Once you receive the reminder, simply click the icon or respond to the text message if you've signed up on the website.
The health manager has other cool features as well:
- Refill reminders
- Add your family members to the app with Care4Family.
- Color coded reports: Green- all doses on time; Yellow - late or skipped doses; Red - missed all doses.
- Share reports with your doctor or health care provider.
- Care4Charity - allows you to donate to three different charities: American Diabetes Association, AIDS United, and/or Save the Children.
There are so many tools to make life easier to manage. Whether you take one medication or several, the Care4Today app can help you stay on track.
Additional Care4Today apps are in the works: Heart Health Solutions, Orthopaedic Solutions, and Mental Health Solutions.
I attended a briefing on this app through through The Motherhood. Compensation will be received for this post. All views expressed are the honest opinion of Just Say I Told You So.