April 22nd is Earth Day.
The older I get the more connected I feel to the Earth, the Universe, to everything...
One of the things that is vital to survival of our beautiful planet is sustainability. That means bringing our awareness to the products we use and re-purposing, reusing, + recycling, as much and as often as possible. Glass is one of the most sustainable materials there is.
Glass Dharma - the Original Glass Straw is on a mission to "create world-wide awareness about single use plastics and how damaging plastic straws are to our environment."
While plastic straws are small, collectively they make up a big problem. Imagine if every person, in every country, used one straw per day... that's over 7+ billion straws every single day. The number of straws would outgrow the population in a 24 hour period. Think about it...
We've been using Glass Dharma straws in our home for the past 2 years and I'm totally smitten! In addition to the fact that they are durable and strong (I haven't had a broken straw yet), they are also gorgeous!
Made from the strongest glass commercially available, Glass Dharma straws can be used in hot and cold beverages, and they are also microwave + dishwasher safe.
Here are a few more reasons why Glass Dharma straws trump plastic straws all-day-every-day:
- They don't leach toxins into your beverage.
- They come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Made by human hands in the USA
- Lifetime breakage guarantee - they will replace broken straws forever!
Glass Dharma has pledged to giveaway 1000 straws for Earth Day!
Win: enter to win a $25.00 gift code to buy your own Glass Dharma straws!
Mandatory Entry: Leave your name and email address in the comments.
Bonus Entries: (leave a separate comment for each, including your name and email address):
(1) Join Glass Dharma's "I Love My Straws" newsletter
(1) Become a Glass Dharma Facebook Fan
(1) Follow Glass Dharma on Twitter
(1) Follow Glass Dharma on Pinterest
(1) Follow Just Say I Told You So on Twitter
(1) Become a Just Say I Told You So Facebook Fan
(1) Subscribe to Just Say I Told You So via email (right side bar)
(1) Follow Just Say I Told You So on Pinterest
Winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email. The winner will have 24 hours to respond or another winner will be selected. The gift code will be sent via email. Giveaway ends at 11:59pm PST on 4/30/14.
This is not a paid post. I received a gift code from Glass Dharma to aid in the facilitation of this review. All views expressed are the honest opinion of Just Say I Told You So.